Re: [LAU] Campaign: "The most remarkable album on this entire planet"

From: Leonard Ritter <paniq@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2010 - 00:11:36 EEST

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 10:59 PM, Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de> wrote:
>  I thik the point being made was simply this: Selling something is not in
> the way of it being good.

I understand you. But in this case, selling the music is simply not
possible. First of all, I can't sell the music well that I do on my
own. I would have to do it with the help of a label. But I want
everyone to be able to enjoy music. I don't think that it's right to
distinguish between customers and pirates. I don't want to think
about: how can we raise sales? I don't want to meet a fan and wonder
if he actually paid for my albums. I want to make good music. If I
spend my time doing business, then I'm wasting my time.

But still, in order for a great work to take shape, an investment must
be made. In the old days, a patron took action and put his trust into
this possibility. Now, in the age of the internet, we can reanimate
this old tradition, and see what great works can be evoked from the
realm of ideas, independent of commercial interests. Is that not an
exciting new possibility?