Re: [LAU] Campaign: "The most remarkable album on this entire planet"

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2010 - 01:31:10 EEST

On Monday 31 May 2010 17:00:27 fons@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> And my point is: there is no point in showing this, because
> selling copies has to happen after the work has been produced,
> and therefore selling copies can never be a way to produce
> a great work.

Nah, you could pre-sell copies if you could find buyers.

> In the best case it can give you the means to produce the
> *next* great work.

I was just trying to order a peperback for my mother in law. It was not
available yet bout you could pre-order on most of the sites.

A Swarm of Angels : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Swarm_of_Angels

was trying to do it for a film. Although the claim is open source, iirc it was
an NC license and not what I would call open source as a result and so I did
not kick in.

> Ciao,

all the best,

drew