Re: [LAU] qjackctl fails to exit gracefully on UbuntuStudio 10.4

From: John Ouzts <jouzts@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2010 - 06:27:14 EEST

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Raine M. Ekman <raine@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> A little more digging shows that qjackctl in Ubuntu 10.4 first tries to
> reroute audio through JACK and then suspending PA when starting up, so that
> takes care of PA stepping on JACKs toes. All that actually is needed to get
> everything working is this line in /etc/pulse/client.conf or
> ~/.pulse/client.conf:
>
> enable-shm = no
>
> Raine,

Your suggestion works like a charm. "du -m /dev/shm" shows 1 MB being used,
while "ls /dev/shm" shows two (not six) pulse files. Starting qjackctl
increases "du -m /dev/shm" to 64MB, which remain when qjackctl is killed. On
the other hand, I can restart qjackctl at least 5 times without problem
and without increasing the 64MB of memory. May I ask where you were digging
to come up with this?

Fons and Alexander,

This looks like a fairly clean solution without taking any drastic action
that might cause upgrade/dependency issues down the road.

Many thanks at all,

John