Re: [LAU] recommendation for a handy midi player

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2010 - 13:28:07 EEST

On Tuesday, June 1, 2010, Philipp wrote:
> Yesterday I found a very interesting project (through the pianoteq
> website) which seeks to 'transcribe' player piano performances to midi:
> http://members.shaw.ca/smythe/rebirth.htm
>
> Now I'm looking for something that allows me to play back those
> performance easily, all in a row. It would be nice if it could be hooked
> up to anything, so it would just need to play back the midi, without
> reproducing any sound itself. I simply want to listen to all those
> performances.
>
> Any recommendations?

Drumstick includes two SMF players:
- drumstick-playsmf: command line player, non interactive.
- drumstick-smfplayer: with GUI, simple, interactive. Drag and drop from file
managers.

Players based on the Drumstick libraries:
- kmidimon: GUI, interactive, displays tracks/event lists (with filters).
- kmid2: GUI, interactive, drag and drop from file managers, play lists,
pianola display.

Regards,
Pedro