Re: [LAU] a NEW question about pitch and speed

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 02 2010 - 19:17:41 EEST

On 2 June 2010 at 10:05, Steve Fosdick <sjflists@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Is this anything to do with one of the multi-core processors, sorry I
> forget which one, where changing processor clock rate for power saving
> reasons could cause the TSC registers on each core to drift appart?

The computer in question is a hyperthreaded Intel something. It
shows up as having two CPUs, even though it's really only got one.

The problem has not reappeared after that one reboot.

Last night I opened the case and cleaned out a lot of dust. The
processor heat sink was maybe half blocked from dust. The machine is
quieter now that it's clean.

TTFN....

--
Kevin