Re: [LAU] Campaign: "The most remarkable album on this entire planet"

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 02 2010 - 22:49:55 EEST

Edit: looks like I did not sent this to the list like I intended.

On Tuesday 01 June 2010 01:12:03 you wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 12:40 AM, drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Actually, this patronage does not *have* to be independent of commercial
> > interests. You might be able to think of ways to have commercial
> > interests be you patrons and *still* put out you music libre and even
> > gratis.
>
> Why would I want to do that?

I have no idea. I didn't say you or anyone else would want to do it. Just that
it might be possible.

However, on a quick thought now, perhaps because private individuals do not
kick in enough and commercial interests (perhaps non-standard music ones)
will while still not getting in the way of what you are trying to do. Say the
corner grocer wants to be a patron at a lever which will get his store
mentioned on the album? (Pick a business that you like and support if you
don't like your or have a corner grocer.)

all the best,

drew