Re: [LAU] the swinger

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 03 2010 - 05:02:28 EEST

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 09:40:45PM +0100, Chris Cannam wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Gabriel M. Beddingfield
> <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > I agree, and was thinking something similar... but I was also in a little
> > amazement at how many people were responding to this little 'toy.'
>
> I just played some of these clips to my wife and found (to my
> surprise) that she couldn't bear to listen to them.
>
> Maybe our response is just that of nerds prodding at things.

I kind of like the rockabilly version of NMA.

This is a tool for drawing moustaches on music. Take straight 8th's and turn them into triplets. Ain't nothing wrong with that. It's funny. And you're right, it's kind of a juvenile joke, it's ephemeral, once you go "ha, tha'ts funny", it's time to move on. Kind of like LOLcats.

-ken