Re: [LAU] Moustaches, atrocities, news stories, surrealism... and Linux Music

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 23:31:17 EEST

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 12:57:51 -0700
Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> The Best Band You Never Heard In Your Life, indeed.

I've just gotta comment on this because so very few people would care,
but I got to hear that band twice, once on Feb 20, 1988, the day that
the Jimmy Swaggart scandal broke wide open. Frank was beside himself
with glee over the hypocricy and it was a memorable show.

Now, here's the weird part - I recall that just a day or two later I
got a call from a friend to see FZ in Providence, which I'd passed on
since I'd already had tickets to the Boston show, and couldn't afford
both, but he'd cover the ticket until I could pay him back.

My recollection was that I was amazed that he'd been able to whip up
an extended bit about Swaggart in such a short time, but hey, it's FZ.
He and his band are professionals.

The weird part is that there's no reference anywhere about a Providence
show until March. So much for my cherished memories.