Re: [LAU] [Fwd: Re: xruns on ubuntu w edirol FA101]

From: Robert Jonsson <spamatica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 05 2010 - 00:15:17 EEST

Hi,

2010/6/4 Atte André Jensen <atte@email-addr-hidden>:
> On 2010-06-04 20:36, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>
>> First thing that pops up in my mind is CPU frequency scaling (disabling
>> the Ondemand service),
>
> That might be. Again I might have falsely assumed that that goes for my
> laptop (2Ghz dual core) applies to his. Still I never had problems like the
> ones he has with frequency scaling. Seems to matter at high loads but with
> nothing using jack it has never been a problem to me, but it's worth a try!

Running a FA101 here with very good results on a laptop too.
Just wanted to mention that I recall talk about some firewire chipset
that may not be too uncommon but is broken, in other oses too, when it
comes to audio. Sorry don't recall the name. Perhaps there is
something written on the ffado site.

/Robert