Re: [LAU] the defacto host for lv2

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Sun Jun 06 2010 - 15:04:05 EEST

On 06/05/2010 09:19 PM, Ken Restivo wrote:
> Hmm. Ardour3? What abour Ardour2? I notice Ardour2 has a build option
> to use LV2, but I've never gotten it to compile properly. Is that
> because Ardour3 is required to use LV2?

i've used ardour2 with the calf and lv2fil lv2 plugins for many months.
iiuc, calf uses the gtk gui, whereas lv2fil implements a python ui using
the external ui extension.
moreover, the lv2 variants of steve harris' swh plugins work in ardour
(at least those that i've tried so far). some of those require other
minor extensions, which ardour supports, too.

the tricky part is to get the rdf and lv2 related dependencies right.
either you try the distro devel packages (only if it's a pretty recent
distro), or check out drobilla's tree. in the past, it has either
compiled flawlessly (most of the time), or exploded in my face right
away, in which case waiting a few days or downgrading to a slightly
earlier revision fixed things.