Re: [LAU] I just don't know Jack anymore.

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 06 2010 - 17:31:59 EEST

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 4:51 AM, Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> yes, but firefox, mozilla, iceweasel, emacs, xemacs, lucid emacs, etc.
> can happily coexist on my system with no problem.  in fact, I can fire
> all of them up all at once.

try that with different versions of an NFS server ....

> various flavors of jack on the other hand...

jack is a server plus a library. if the versions don't match, kaboom.
the other examples are either applications or just libraries. there's
not a whole lot of *nix software that consists of a server/library
pair. X11 would be the other canonical example.