Re: [LAU] Trying to restore jomox drum machine OS via midi

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 06 2010 - 20:06:08 EEST

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010, robert lazarski wrote:

> I have a "M-Audio MidiSport USB 2x2" that I can see in qjackctl . I
> have a file X999_OS138.mid that I need to transfer from midi out of
> the midisport to the midi in of the jomox. How can I do that? Jomox

Is this a SYSEX file or a simple MIDI file (sequence) that
you want to play?

If SYSEX... then "what Igor said."

If SMF... then the alsa program aplaymidi is an option.

> only has a Windows and Mac program to do it, and furthermore, they
> list the midi sport as having problems with their program. I can put
> the jomox in a state where its ready for the transfer.

There's several boxes called "MidiSport" -- and some will
give you trouble while others work fine. Rule of thumb is
that the "Uno" ones are problematic... but the 1x1, 2x2, and
4x4 models are much more reliable.

-gabriel