Re: [LAU] Klick oddity

From: Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 01:10:05 EEST

Hi Julien,

On Wednesday 02 June 2010 00:18:37 Julien Claassen wrote:
> Why not create an interactive timebase-Master mode. Where you can
> start/stop and relocate. But changing of tempo and time signature
> is only allowed, while the metronome is stopped?

I'll see what I can do. It wouldn't really be a problem to change the
tempo while playing, you just can't always expect all clients to remain
in sync.
I agree that start/stop/relocate would also be nice to have, at least as
long as everything still fits on one line as it does now :)

> Perhaps you might
> also offer a command like 'l', which then would prompt the user for
> a tempo-map file. This way you have it all, all that' spossible:
> interactivity, changing settings, but no hassle with complicated
> use-cases.

I'm not sure about that. What would be the advantage over just
terminating klick and using the shell to start a new instance with a
tempo map?

Cheers,

Dominic