Re: [LAU] setting a samples loop points on command line

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Wed Jun 09 2010 - 23:43:21 EEST

Atte André Jensen wrote:

> On 2010-06-09 19:13, Paul Davis wrote:
>
> > that depends in large part on the other software and the envelope
> > format (WAV, AIFF etc) that you use for the audio file. WAV has no
> > standard chunks to describe loop points, for example.
>
> My main target software to recognize the loop points should (from what I
> heard) do a pretty good job on reading the loop points. I normally use
> flac, but if "it" only works with aiff (or something else) I can switch
> to that format for this particular job.

libsndfile has support for reading loop points from a WAV and AIFF
(see the SFC_GET_LOOP_INFO command and the SF_LOOP_INFO struct. I
think it works, but could probably do with a little more testing.

If someone is willing to work with me on the testing and debugging side,
I'd be happy to add the ability to write loop points as well.

Erik