[LAU] Announce: xfade_loop

From: Atte André Jensen <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 11 2010 - 12:02:18 EEST

Hi

I've been working on a python script for making seamless loops in
samples by cross fading. It uses sox and ecasound for processing and
should work with wav, aiff and flac (maybe more).

You can get it here:
http://atte.dk/files/xfade_loop

Hope soneone finds it useful...

The reason I asked about setting loop points in samples yesterday, was
that I added the ability to loop after an initial attack trancient
(before it always looped the whole sample). For now a poor-mans solution
has been to use -g 1 (for instance) to introduce an 1 second gap just
before the loop start, with the gap serving as a kind of marker for
manual editting. So you can load the looping sample in your player, set
the loop at the end of the gap and then remove the gap (extreme zoom in
is required).

I've tested it both with and without gap and with wav, aiff and flac
files, and it works here. I bet someone here will make it die, blow up
or not work :-)

Any input appreciated!

NB: I'm really looking forward to libsndfile supporting writing loop
points to samples :-)

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk