Re: [LAU] [ANN] StretchPlayer 0.501 - Time Stretching Audio Player

From: Ivan Tarozzi <itarozzi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 12 2010 - 16:41:28 EEST

Il giorno sab, 12/06/2010 alle 08.21 -0500, Gabriel M. Beddingfield ha
scritto:
> Hi Dragan,
>
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010, Dragan Noveski wrote:
>
> > but when i click on 'open file' button, stretchplayer immediately disconnects
> > from jack:
> >

> > JackPosixSemaphore::TimedWait err = Unterbrechung während des
> > Betriebssystemaufrufs
> > SuspendRefNum error
> > JackClient::Execute error name = StretchPlayer
>
> This is puzzling, because Jack2 is known for /not/
> disconnecting clients. Also, the 'open file' button code is
> fairly simple and (AFAIK) safe.
>
> What are your jackd settings (realtime? frame rate? sample
> per period?)
>
> Also, what sort of hardware are you running on?
>
> > now trying to reconnect, i get this:
> >
> > nowhiskey@murija4:~$ jack_connect StretchPlayer\:left system\:playback_1
> > name jack_connect
> > connecting 1
> > jack_client_new: deprecated
> > cannot connect ports
> > nowhiskey@murija4:~$
>
> This makes sense, becuase I think stretchplayer has been
> totally disconnected from Jack.
>
> > jackd here is:
> >
> > nowhiskey@murija4:~$ jackd -V
> > jackdmp 1.9.6
>
> 1.9.6 is not yet released. Which SVN version are you using?
>
> And is it possible that you have a jackd/libjack mismatch?
> (E.g. there is a /usr/lib/libjack.so.0 but you're using
> /usr/local/lib/libjack.so.0.)
>
> Thanks,
> Gabriel

Same problem on my setup!

compiled from stretchplayer_0.501.tar.gz in debian squeeze 32bit

AMD 64 x2 6000+ / 4 GB ram
Custom kernel 2.6.33.5-rt22-realtime (compiled with rt patch and PAE)
jackdmp 1.9.6 (from squeeze repository)
audio device: Soundblaster audigy 2 EX
qjackctl settings:
- Realtime
- Unlock Memory
- Monitor
- H/W monitor
- Frame/period : 128
- Sample Rate: 48000
- Periods/buffer: 2
- Port max: 256
- Timeout: 500 msec
- Latency -> 5,33 ms

With other sound applications this setup works very well!

I hope this help you

Ivan