[LAU] Fwd: Roland(Edirol) Cakewalk UA-1G ALSA support

From: Giuseppe Zompatori <siliconjoe@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 13 2010 - 16:10:11 EEST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Giuseppe Zompatori <siliconjoe@email-addr-hidden>
Date: 2010/6/13
Subject: Re: [LAU] Roland(Edirol) Cakewalk UA-1G ALSA support
To: Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@email-addr-hidden>

2010/6/13 Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@email-addr-hidden>:
> On Sun, 2010-06-13 at 11:55 +0200, Giuseppe Zompatori wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was just wondering when and if an ALSA driver for this card will
>> make it in the official tree.
>> Patching USB IDs with the UA-101 seems to make this nice & cheap USB
>> sound card work well in advanced mode.
>>
>> Its USB ID in advanced mode is:
>>
>> Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0582:00e9 Roland Corp.
>>
>> and in standard mode:
>>
>> Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0582:00ea Roland Corp.
>>
>> Also can I use usb quirks for the snd_usb_audio module to force
>> operation in advanced mode till when it'll be supported?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> -Giuseppe
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense to mail this to alsa-users?

No, because of the following points:

* That's audio related.
* Clemens Ladish (often hacking on the usbaudio module) from ALSA also
follows this list.
* I am not currently subscribed to alsa-users.
* There have been an incredible number of posts that would have been
better suited to alsa-user (just take a look at this list's archives),
yet, you're only complaining about mine.
* Get off my yard ;)

-Giuseppe