Re: [LAU] [OT] Audio file sharing sites

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 13 2010 - 18:52:44 EEST

On Sun, 2010-06-13 at 07:42 -0700, Scott Ecker wrote:

> 1. What are some recommended sites?

http://www.archive.org/details/opensource_audio works quite well, just
the presentation isn't exactly optimal.

> 2. Are tracks mixed end to end recorded live from a rave 15 years ago OK
> to share with regard to copyright?

In the jurisdictions I read about, restrictions imposed via copyright or
a comparable construct fall only many, many years after the death of the
author (for example, I think it's 70 years in the US, currently).

In case of unknown author, it seems to be 120 years after creation, in
the US, or 70 years in Germany.

That's the juristic side. Of course, if nobody complains ... but you
should not pull in a 3rd party.

--
Thorsten Wilms
thorwil's design for free software: