[LAU] Call for performers using FLOSS and recycled technology

From: Jake Harries <jakeharries@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 14 2010 - 15:46:46 EEST

Hi

Some of you may be interested in this call.

We're looking for audio and audio-visual artists to perform at a couple of
small live sonic art events at Access Space this year. We're particularly
interested in artists who use FLOSS audio and video tools under Linux with
recycled technology, and who are resident in and around South Yorkshire, UK.

Unusual approaches to diffusion and sound generation e.g. using recycled
computer speakers, are welcome!

Our first event will be on the Friday 23rd of July, the second on 29th of
October, and run 6pm-8.30pm.

If you are interested in the first event please email an example of your
work no larger than 7 Mb or a link to a media file, a description of your
proposed performance and any technical requirements to
jake@email-addr-hidden-space.orgby 21st of June 2010.
For the second event please contact us by the 31st of July 2010.

Access Space is an unusual venue for events of this kind as it is an open
access media lab during the day and the technology available is all donated
or recycled.

About Access Space:
Based in Sheffield city centre, Access Space is the UK's longest running
open access media lab. We have been using Open Source Software and recycled
computers to develop creativity, community, skills and resourcefulness for
over ten years.
We're a place for skill sharing, artistic endeavour, creative expression and
collective knowledge. Access Space has also recently announced plans for a
DIY FabLab.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Linux Open Source Sound project: http://loss.access-space.org/

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

--
Cheers,
Jake
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Jake Harries
Digital Arts Programme Manager
ACCESS SPACE
Unit 1, AVEC Building
3-7  Sidney St
Sheffield, S1 4RG, UK
t: +44 (0) 114 249 5522
w: www.access-space.org
Reg. Charity 1103837
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Supported by the National Lottery through the Arts Council England.
http://loss.access-space.org/
http://audiotools.lowtech.org
www.myspace.com/jakeharries
www.myspace.com/chakk
www.myspace.com/heights_of_abraham
http://www.23online.co.uk/php/heightsofabraham.php

P      Help save paper: do you need to print this email?