Re: [LAU] Recording Beethoven's "Heroic"

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 16 2010 - 22:53:12 EEST

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 11:52:12AM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Not picking on Giorgio but as for the mic setup it's more reminiscent
> of how I might record something like jazz ensemble if I wasn't
> interested (or wanted to eliminate) room acoustics.

Exactly my impression. The six 'on stage' mics are (in the context
of orchestral recording) really 'spot mics'. If the main pair is
as Giorgio posted 'far from the stage' (is it the pair visible on
one of the pictures, at the back ?) it could be difficult to combine
them. And *one* mic for room reverb seems strange as well (unless it's
a stereo mic).

> As it is it could
> be OK if the recording was for something like a film score where it
> would be mixed with other things?

Yes. For a film/TV score I'd want a dry sound, to be processed to
whatever it takes later.

Ciao,

--
FA