Re: [LAU] Recording Beethoven's "Heroic"

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 17 2010 - 03:57:26 EEST

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 1:13 PM, <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 01:01:57PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> What a beautiful room by the way. Few and far between here in America.
>
> Every medium-sized Italian town has one like this... Maybe not
> for long anymore as the Berlusconi government is doing its
> best to kill them.
>
> Nor are they all great acoustically. For example Parma's opera
> house is extremely dry - the result of adding a layer of plaster
> with each restauration instead of removing the old ones and
> putting on a single new layer.
>

> Ciao,
>
> --
> FA

Yeah, the modern world isn't the same as when Mozart was accused of
using 'too many notes', but none the less you guys have us (I'm in
California) beat hands down. Newer venues - I'm thinking like the
Disney Center in L.A. - have good sound, but we really lack that old,
historic flavor.

Cheers,
Mark

- Mark