Re: [LAU] A Bach in appology and completeness :-)

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 21 2010 - 03:07:00 EEST

Hi Julien,

> Is it easy to change the temperament setting by hand? And does
> Werckmeister III still sound OK with other instruments tuned the
> modern (equally or is ti well tempered) way?

It's easy to change. Edit the file stops-***/Aeolus/definition.
Near the top you'll find a line

/tuning 440.0 1

The second number is an index into the list in my previous
post, starting at zero. You'll find it as well in scales.cc.

Werckmeister III will probably work well in most cases.
To test, play something in A flat. The main problem with
Meantone is the Ab-C-Eb chord (just try it !).

If you want to switch easily, you could for example create
a directory stops-***/Aeolus-ET, copy the definition file
there and set it to Equal Temperament. Then use the -I
command line option to select this one.

Ciao,

--
FA