Re: [LAU] Software for recording digital audio?

From: Andrew C <countfuzzball@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 23 2010 - 07:03:41 EEST

Wow, thanks for the replies guys!

Of the software mentioned here, my biggest wish is for syncability with JACK
transport, so I can send the output of one of the linuxsampler instruments
to the recording software, hit the play button from inside Rosegarden and
have a perfectly synced audio copy of one particular instrument output which
I can then drop back into the sequencer timeline and continue with another
section of the song, thereby freeing up system resources.

Of course, this rules out jack_capture I'm afraid!

I'll take a look at Ecasound/Nama, the tk interface for nama doesn't look
too bad and it's relatively lightweight.

Arnold, I can't find any link to time-machine as audio recording software
via google, just as a filesystem snapshotting app.

Traverso is perhaps a bit overkill for my needs. Also, isn't audacity JACK
aware via pulse audio or somesuch?

Thanks again,

Andrew