Re: [LAU] audacity urgent

From: Joep L. Blom <jlblom@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 25 2010 - 01:08:15 EEST

Andrew C wrote:
> Glad I could help.
>
> Andrew.
>
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Joep L. Blom <jlblom@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:jlblom@email-addr-hidden>> wrote:
>
> Andrew C wrote:
>
> Hey Joep,
>
> This should be relatively simple. Just load up the two mono
> files (file > import audio), click on their name labels and set
> one to Mono L and the other to Mono R. The previously grayed
> option 'make stereo track' should be clickable and there ya go!
>
> Andrew.
>

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Joep L. Blom
> <jlblom@email-addr-hidden <mailto:jlblom@email-addr-hidden>
> <mailto:jlblom@email-addr-hidden <mailto:jlblom@email-addr-hidden>>> wrote:
>
> I have a big problem at the moment with audacity. I want
> simply to
> mix 2 monotracks - recorded with the Zoom R16 - into one sterop
> track as I have to burn it to a CD (which has to be delivered
> tomorrow).
> I can do all sort of rasks to it however, the menu Projects is
> missing and - according to the manual - there you can
> combine tracks.
> I'm running Ubuntu Karmic with audacity 1.3.9-6.
> Can anybody help me out?
> Thanks in advance

> Andrew!
> Thanks!! You made my day! I couldn't find it as the documentation is
> rather defect, at least I cannot find the things I want.
> Now I can save the tracks and burn my CD.
> Thanks again!
> Joep

All,
Yes it worked. I have the CD ready now will be delivered. Thanks for the
information.
For importing the Zoom files, I do it in Audacity and if you look into
the files for one project there are - sometimes - many files but also
one file (per track) which holds all te data.
E. g. I record 2 piano's with 2 mike's (Rhode matched) and 2 lines ( as
one is an electronic one at the moment) and I can mix all 4 tracks using
audacity, or qtractor. Ardour is in my opinion such a large beast that
for my simple requirements audacity is sufficient. I'm a complete newbie
in the field of audio mixing and - as yet - don't understand all the
advanced tools for compressing, filtering, etc. but I'm learning with
trial & error!.
Don't forget: the most important man/woman is the performer, not the
sound-engineer! (of course I'm a musician).
Joep