Re: [LAU] New music: And it's time for: Bach again! Bach again! :-)

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 25 2010 - 05:47:24 EEST

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>  So here's my first real Bach piece. The one I learnt back in 98, because we
> worked on it at school. I found it so lovely, that I wanted to learn it: The
> 2-part invention in D minor.

OK Julian, sorry to gush, but this kicks ass! I have a bit of a
Rhodes fetish, so I dearly loved the choice of instrument.

I believe that Bach has much, much more in common with expert jazz
musicians than he might with classical musicians. When I hear his
lines, I hear bebop. Maybe he would approve of some of the great
improvising musicians of our time? I hope he would.

Anyway, I *love* your Bach output - please do more!

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com