Re: [LAU] Sample Manager & Apps That Support Elastic Time?

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Sat Jun 26 2010 - 21:32:42 EEST

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Olivier Guilyardi <ml@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Rubberband is interesting, but when I had to develop a professional tool to time
> stretch voice recordings, the quality was far from acceptable.

No, Rubber Band is better for some sorts of audio than others and
speech certainly isn't its strong point.

Tim Goetze also had an example recently (here or on LAD) which it
didn't handle well -- I've been looking into that one recently and
hope to have some improvements there for the next release at least.

Chris