Re: [LAU] Jack shots down or creates xruns

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 29 2010 - 18:36:29 EEST

On 06/25/2010 06:55 PM, Thomas Hedegaard wrote:
> Hi Jeremy
>
> Thanks for your help. I have installed rtirq-init right now and was able
> to set it up right( I wasnt last time) When I run htop i can see my
> pccard , firewire and jack in top.
>
> I did the changes in setup you mentioned.
>
> But the problem is unfortunatly not solved. Jack still stops when
> framesperiod is low or create xruns when high.
>
> Best Thomas

Hello Thomas,

What is in /etc/default/rtirq now? And what is the outcome of ps -eLo
pid,cls,rtprio,pri,nice,cmd | grep -i "irq" ? I have a notebook with a
Firewire controller that shares an interrupt with some other devices but
managed to get Firewire working with the help of rtirq. And what kind of
window manager are you using? Did you try disabling as much background
processes and daemons as possible? With 512 Mb you should really use a
light weight window manager like fluxbox, openbox or icewm. On my little
netbook JACK doesn't run happily either with Gnome, with IceWM it's no
problem at all.
Just some suggestions.

Best,

Jeremy