Re: [LAU] Music made with linux: Det nu (breakcore remix)

From: Philipp Ãœberbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 29 2010 - 23:05:46 EEST

Excerpts from Atte André Jensen's message of 2010-06-29 21:37:57 +0200:
> On 2010-06-29 18:42, Philipp Ãœberbacher wrote:
>
> > Hey, thanks for sharing. I personally liked the beginning and the last
> > 30 seconds or so, the middle was a bit boring for me, maybe simply to
> > repetitive, not sure.
>
> Might be. I'm not too used to doing this style, so I would have to put
> it away for some time and redo parts later with fresh ears. It's a
> puzzle that you (I) need to practice solving.

Don't worry about stuff like that, it's just what I thought when I heard
it exactly once. In this case I knew "Det nu", so the vocals were
already 'old'. The thing swings both ways, there are songs I like the
first time but usually get tired of quickly, and there are songs I need
time to get into.
Point being: Please don't see stuff like that (boring, or rather
repetitive) as any kind of offense, it's just what comes to mind first,
and that hopefully is a perspective that is in some way useful to you.

Guess that was a different kind of a 'letter of motivation'. :)
I do enjoy your music, so I'm always looking forward to it :)

--
Regards,
Philipp