Re: [LAU] ASCAP Assails Free-Culture, Digital-Rights Groups

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 30 2010 - 17:34:20 EEST

On Wednesday 30 June 2010 09:31:41 Paul Davis wrote:
> making cars illegal to help bus drivers hurts car owners. making
> washing machines illegal to help washing ladies hurts owners of
> washing machines. placing limits on the ability to copy someone else's
> work hurts no-one if those limits are sensible.

But they are currently not sensible. And still the big owners of copyright
claim that even these are not enough protection and they need more and
harsher protections. We are ruining society for them.

Still, try the copyleft play. Put *your* art under a Free and copyleft
license. perhaps a creative commons by-sa license. promote others who do the
same and let's see where we get.

all the best,

drew