Re: [LAU] ASCAP Assails Free-Culture, Digital-Rights Groups

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 30 2010 - 17:47:36 EEST

On Wednesday 30 June 2010 10:03:12 Lorenzo wrote:
> I think there maybe is an ambiguity in the word and concept of
> 'copying'... How would you (Louigi) feel if I took the text at
> http://www.louigiverona.ru/?page=projects&s=writings&t=linux&a=linux_types
> which (I guess) is a work you took time and effort to write, copied
> (ripped it), printed it and sold it at $10 a copy changing the title and
> putting under my own name without of course even giving you credit?

See, you have to go too far...

http://dangernovel.blogspot.com/

you can take that and sell copies of it all you like and keep the money.

Taking my name off of it and putting yours on it is a *separate* issue to the
issue of making copies of it.

The name thing is a fraud on the public. It is lying.

We could easily have a plagiarism law separate from a copyright law if we
chose to do so.

Moral rights in a work under a different law than copyrights as it were.

all the best,

drew