Re: [LAU] ASCAP Assails Free-Culture, Digital-Rights Groups

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 30 2010 - 20:16:09 EEST

On Wednesday 30 June 2010 13:00:36 Dave Phillips wrote:
> Louigi Verona wrote:
> > Lots of super interesting arguments, I will have to carefully re-read
> > it and then reply.
> > Paul's argument against my article is really interesting.
> >
> > In general, looking quickly through the discussion, I can say that my
> > bus analogy was
> > really-really bad as any physical object versus ideas analogy,
> > shouldn't have made it.
> >
> > And another short note to Dave: you can take my article and copy it
> > and sell it, but you cannot
> > substitute my name, cause that is plagiarism. Plagiarism is something
> > very bad.
> >
> > All in all, I feel that we all share very similar values and its just
> > wording and phrases and some details.
> > Anyway, I will respond later in a more detailed manner, I think our
> > discussion is very intelligent and
> > raises some interesting points, plus I am happy my article was
> > challenged.
>
> Hi Louigi,
>
> I'm glad you can take a good attitude towards the issue. People can get
> pretty hot about topics to which they have a deep attachment.
>
> Btw, I think it was Drew who made the comment re: your article. Again I
> think scale matters. If I took your article and sold a hundred copies at
> 10 cents each you probably wouldn't get too excited. You might think
> differently if I sold 100,000 at $1 each.

Nah, you would just be showing me an opportunity that I did not know existed.
Now I could try and sell my stuff to your customers of mine. If I cared to
make the effort.

Seriously everyone. Try and sell some Free stuff. Lets see what works and what
doesn't and document it for each other.

> Best,
>
> dp

all the best,