Re: [LAU] ASCAP Assails Free-Culture, Digital-Rights Groups

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 30 2010 - 20:34:44 EEST

On 30 June 2010 at 13:16, drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Seriously everyone. Try and sell some Free stuff. Lets see what
> works and what doesn't and document it for each other.

I'm a paying subscriber to Ardour, to CodeWeavers (for CrossOver
Pro Linux) and to Mandriva. Two of these things are "free", and
the third is free-ish in that CodeWeavers contributes heavily to
Wine. These things have a lot of value to me, and I want them to
continue to exist, indeed flourish. So, I do what I can to give
tangible support.

This has some similarities to my recommending my favorite plumber
to my friends with pipe problems. If I keep him in business,
then he'll be there next time I need plumbing fixed at my house.

Cheerio...

--
Kevin