Re: [LAU] Vuvuzela Concerto in Bb flat. Arr by Andrew Coughlan

From: Burkhard Wölfel <versuchsanstalt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 01 2010 - 16:51:27 EEST

Am 28.06.2010 um 15:49 schrieb drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>:

> On Monday 28 June 2010 08:31:13 Dave Phillips wrote:
>> drew Roberts wrote:
>>> Autotune the Vuvuzela.
>>
>> I'm reminded of the well-known joke about
>> [banjo|tuba|bagpipe|your-hobby-horse-here] players:
>>
>> Q: What would you call a thousand vuvuzela players at the bottom of
>> the
>> ocean ?
>>
>> A: A good start.
>
> I first heard it with lawyers as the bad guys.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> dp
>
> drew

Last sunday the orchestra of my hometown opera house had to wait a
minute or two for their conductor Alexander Joel, who is the brother
of Billy Joel, BTW.

With the german boys having just won their game against England,
Wembley reenactment included, the horns started to hum and toot Bb in
their lower middle ranges. Most brass an woodwind players joined in
and they kept going for more than two minutes.

The crowd, anticipating a farewell Fidelio performance for the opera
house director, just loved it.

Taking this even more off topic, I appreciate the vuvuzelas very much.
They are obnoxious as hell, which IMO fits the occasion.

Many happy hours of watching, bbqing or even ignoring the World Cup to
all of you.

- Burkhard