Re: [LAU] opinions from (potential) user perspectives wanted

From: James Morris <james@email-addr-hidden-art.net>
Date: Fri Jul 02 2010 - 00:22:30 EEST

On 1 July 2010 22:02, Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> James,
>
> On Thu, 1 Jul 2010, James Morris wrote:
>
>> I'm working on a new MIDI app which shares some features with a
>> sequencer, but in other ways is more like an arpeggiator, but also
>> somewhat different to both.
>
> Do you have a link to your current code?
>
> I've been meaning to try this... but the description always sounds like
> "experimental sequencer that will spam your desktop with lots of pop-up
> windows." -- so I've put it off.

Ah, well the "spam your desktop with lots of pop-up windows" days are over now.
It's currently in the "i demand an xterm at least 128 x 128 in size
but i still can't do anything you might want me to do" stage.
I'm only working on the backend at the moment, and that's half
complete, but just beginning to output MIDI now.

http://github.com/jwm-art-net/BoxySeq

just to re-iterate: it's not usable.