Re: [LAU] ASCAP Assails Free-Culture, Digital-Rights Groups

From: Gwenhwyfaer <gwenhwyfaer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 02 2010 - 08:02:21 EEST

On 01/07/2010, fons@email-addr-hidden <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 05:25:19PM +0100, Gwenhwyfaer wrote:
>> Now, if anyone wants to make money off it, I think Steve has a right
>> to expect to be given some of that money.
>
> Only Steve ?

Yep.

> Or also the musicians who performed for the recording
> you listened to while tending your imperfect garden,

They got session rates. And you don't know a damned thing about my
gardening skills.

>> But by and large we all agree that freedom of expression is
>> a basic human right
>
> I fail to see the relation between making a copy of some artist's
> work for your own use, and 'freedom of expression'.

Yet you introduce the concept here, so you must see some connection
between the two.

Perhaps you'd like to have the rest of the argument you're so
desperate for on your own? God knows, your rudeness has put me right
off discussing anything with you.