Re: [LAU] ASCAP Assails Free-Culture, Digital-Rights Groups

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 02 2010 - 15:14:43 EEST

On Friday 02 July 2010 02:05:03 david wrote:

> And I assume that if the revenue stream is depressing either way,
> perhaps the music being streamed hasn't enough of an audience to
> generate the desired income stream? It seems to me that could mean the
> stream needs more publicity/marketing - or needs to be made more
> interesting to more people.

Did you look at the graphic? It shows that you need above four and a half
million play on spotify in a month to earn what you would get from selling
143 self pressed CDs for $9.99 in that same month.

Now I may be wrong, but I think I would have an easier time selling 143 CDs
than getting even one million listens.

I could be wrong. Their figures could be wrong too.

all the best,

drew