[LAU] recording videos for youtube with a webcam under linux, success!

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 05 2010 - 02:53:27 EEST

Hey All,
Thanks for the help with recording, they are on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrLokiMissSeraphim

I've finally got VLC to work recording the videos, audio with straight
alsa, then mencoder to convert. I need to start recording them in the
correct aspect ratio for youtube though!

Next challenge, multi-track audio with ardour synced to multitrack
video and mix between the different videos of each instrument. Any
hints on an NLE?

Loki