Re: [LAU] Yet another song

From: Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 05 2010 - 17:15:55 EEST

Hey,

Nice song.. not my usual genre, so I'll not talk about "music" rather
mastering.

The following is only my opinion.. dont take it too serious!

Drums could be louder, although i could hear the hats and crashes, the
snares
& bass drums didnt cut it ( especially after the intro).

The clean seperation between the frequencies of the bass and the rest makes
that a prominent part of the song. (Compressing the bass drum a lot &
letting
that be louder would take a little from this, but I'd say worth it).

A little reverb to smooth some of the track may make it sound more
"together",
but you'd have to experiment with putting it on vocals, guitar, drums, or
maybe
even a tiny amount on the lot.. (I recommend JCGui and JConvolver for good
reverbs.. :-)

Thanks for posting, -Harry