Re: [LAU] ot-ish: musical scales question

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 06 2010 - 14:33:03 EEST

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Oh and make sure you don't violate any Apple patents... other than my
> being listed in the patent (I'm still trying to figure out why),  the
> patent below is the most ridiculous piece of crap I've seen since IBM
> patented object oriented programming....
>
> http://www.patents.com/Method-apparatus-managing-windows-7739604.html

 [ ... abstract elided ... ]

please do not post patent abstracts to this or any other mailing list.
US law poses no requirement on an "inventor" to perform a patent
search, and a provable lack of awareness of existing patents does have
a small but definite impact on the legal result of an infringement. by
posting to the mailing list, you make provable lack of awareness much
harder to prove. posting a link to the patent doesn't expose us to
this issue, and leaves individuals free to decide whether to follow
the link or not.

--p