[LAU] Linux-driven show this Saturday in NYC

From: Luke Peterson <luke.peterson@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 07 2010 - 18:54:00 EEST

You, on the motorcycle!...You two girls, tell your friends!

You, running the realtime kernel! This Saturday night is linux geek night at
Pianos!

Linux audio enthusiasts in New York interested in catching a jam-funk show
this Saturday night featuring a bristol-and-fluidsynth-driven keyboard
should head over to Pianos on the lower east side to see my band, Bonjour,
Ganesh!, make our first headlining appearance in Gotham. (show details:
http://www.pianosnyc.com/showroom/bonjour-ganesh-071010)

We're a many-piece Washington DC-based group who always create a lot of fun
for our audience and have a lot of fun doing so. Have a listen to our last
big gig at DC's legendary Black Cat:
http://www.archive.org/details/bongan2010-05-21

Musician-techies will have a blast watching me juggle live musical
performance and computer control: simultaneously keeping my netbook from
producing unappealing sounds and noises while also keeping myself from
playing wrong notes and chords.

The show starts at 8pm with Brooklyn's Remy Balon (http://www.remybalon.com/),
and then transitions to three DC-based groups: The Jones at 9pm (
http://www.myspace.com/thejonesmusic), Once Okay Twice at 10pm (
http://www.myspace.com/onceokaytwice), and us, Bonjour Ganesh! at 11 (
http://www.bonjourganesh.com). A free dance party closes out the night when
our set ends.

Cover is just $10!

Pianos is located at 158 Ludlow at Stanton.
By Train:

 or to 2nd Ave/Houston St. Exit at Allen St end of the station and walk two
blocks east on Houston to Ludlow, then one block south to Stanton.

   or to Delancey/Essex. Exit at Delancey/Essex and walk two blocks north
on Essex to Stanton, then one block west to Ludlow.
By Bus:

 or to Essex/Houston. Exit onto Essex and walk one block south on Essex to
Stanton, then one block west to Ludlow.

 to Allen/Houston. Exit onto Allen and walk south to Stanton, then east two
blocks to Ludlow.

See you there!

-----
Luke Peterson