Re: [LAU] new AVS video/audio

From: James Morris <james@email-addr-hidden-art.net>
Date: Thu Jul 08 2010 - 11:06:41 EEST

On 7 July 2010 19:11, Atte André Jensen <atte@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On 2010-07-07 14:46, Dave Phillips wrote:
>
>> Created with AVSynthesis (http://avsynthesis.blogspot.com/). Converted
>> to YouTube video with WinFF.
>>
>> Dark stuff, best heard/seen with low or no ambient light.

Uh.

> Some very, very good textures you got going there. Are they all synthesized
> or are there samples involved?
>
> Somehow I feel the music could be improved, though. After about 1:30-1:45 I
> found myself wishing for some change in
> pace/texture/orchestration/dynamics/anything. What about adding more
> contrast to a middle part (kind of what you're doing on the video side). The
> first that comes to my mind is some 12-tone-ish pizzicato kind-of vibe,
> although that would probably not fit your musical idea...
>
> But the whole thing might just be me :-)

I just watched the video having read these comments, but I was so
wrapped up in trying to figure out if the visual textures correlated
with the audio textures that 1:30-1:45 came and went and by the time I
looked at the time, the time was 2:30-2:45 :-)

I like the whole overall sound and mood of the music. I think I was
more wanting something to change in the visuals at around the 1:30-45
mark even though I found it quite absorbing trying to work out if
there were barely visible images coming through them. So it was
satisfying when they do change ;-)

The music brought to mind this track by the Aphex Twin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPw5DKZ5l8w&feature=related
But it's nothing like it! Other than (in my half-educated mind)
sounding 'classical' and 'electronic' both at the same time (which I
always found that track by the twin to be quite the anti-dote to
pop-pop-poppy-pop music which stole its way into my head with
triteness)..

Cheers,
James.