Re: [LAU] Reverb to use with LinuxSampler/piano?

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 12 2010 - 02:34:27 EEST

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 12:06:29AM +0100, Andrew C wrote:

> Personally, I find Gverb (another ladspa plug-in that can be used in
> jack-rack) to be great for adding a small amount of reverb to whatever you
> need.
> Another (probably overkill and cpu intensive) solution might be jconvolver +
> an impulse response to generate the reverb. YMMV.

The 'sala-concerti-cdm' (the small concert hall of La
Casa della Musica) one is quite a nice reverb for use
on piano. The supplied config files (providing mutiple
inputs correspondig to different positions on stage) are
indeed overkill, and you'll need to mix the reverb with
the original signal as well. But it's easy to create a
configuration that just provides what you need and doesn't
require external mixing. Drop me a line if you need
assistance.

CPU load for this one is irrelevant compared to what
Linuxsampler requires anyway.

Ciao,

--
Je veux que la mort me trouve plantant mes choux, mais
nonchalant d’elle, et encore plus de mon jardin imparfait.