Re: [LAU] Cakewalk (Edirol) UM-1G midi interface advanced mode

From: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 19 2010 - 18:35:15 EEST

Fritz Meissner wrote:
> I'm thinking of getting a Cakewalk UM-1G midi-USB interface; as far as
> I can find, it should work fine with Linux (Ubuntu Studio) in standard
> mode. It also has an advanced mode which is claimed to reduce latency
> (with Windows), and my question is whether this is supported/useful
> under Linux.

If the UM-1G has the same product ID as the UM-1, the advanced mode will
be recognized. If not, that ID can be added to the driver.

In Windows, the latency reduction comes from using a different driver.
The Linux driver reduces latency by default, i.e., standard mode is as
fast as advanced mode.

Regards,
Clemens