[LAU] BOSS ME-25

From: Kees van Veen <kees.vanveen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 26 2010 - 18:51:04 EEST

Hi,

I recently bought a BOSS ME-25, whichhas usb, but it did not work
(Ubuntu Lucid linux-rt-2.6.31)

Searching through the archives, I found the usbquirks.h patch for the
BOSS GT-10, which also seems to apply to the ME-25 given the proper usb
id. The device shows up as audio interface, I can record from it and
send output to it (and hear it from the device's headphone), but I'm
also able to access the midi part using ME-25 Edit
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/me-edit/) querying the builtin settings.

The only thing I cannot do is change the volume levels (the headphone is
really loud), fiddled around with ALSA softvol, but haven't yet found
figured that out.

I've attached a patch for usbquirks.h, though it's just a copy of the
GT-10 patch.

Not sure about the procedure to get this into the kernel either, just
thought I'd share it.

Kees