Re: [LAU] linuxDSP LV2 plugins for Ardour and linux DAWs

From: Bernardo Barros <bernardobarros2@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 28 2010 - 17:37:44 EEST

2010/7/28, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>:
> "Different funding strategies" is vague. I think that Linux would have lots
> and
> lots of cool stable apps if those "funding strategies" were obvious. But
> they
> are not.

They aren't indeed. Linux kernel is doing well with really big
companies supporting it. Multimedia applications still did not find
the best way, but they will. Donations from professionals and
universities doing research between arts and computer science would be
two options. All I said was to keep closed software away from
gnu/linux. (But I think proprietary under free OS is better then
proprietary software under proprietary OS, I don't know).