Re: [LAU] Simple monitor system: which distro?

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 30 2010 - 11:00:00 EEST

On 07/30/2010 09:26 AM, Mike Cookson wrote:
> Don't threat me as Ubuntu fan, but in kxstudio jack is made to be a fundament of entire audio system. Its initial environment - KDE, but functionaly, about which I am writing, doesn't depend on any DE.
>
> It has script, kxstudio-session-start, which starts entire audio system - jack, alsa bridge, pulseaudio. Currently it also has support for startup session (requires LADISH, which already included to LiveDVD). E.g., you may create some configuration, which should includes, besides other things, a2j, and use it on startup.
>
> Initial LADISH version is 0.2, but in repository also ladish-git (0.3) is available.

To be honest, and I do not mean to be disrespectful towards the creator
of KXStudio, I would not use KXStudio if you're looking for long-term
stability. I think even the creator of KXStudio would agree, he puts out
an unconventional (KDE, JACK as default sound daemon for all apps)
bleeding edge distro that doesn't really aim at being ultra stable.

Best,

Jeremy