Re: [LAU] specimen midi cc / simple lv2 sampler?

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 02 2010 - 14:57:59 EEST

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010, allcoms wrote:

>> Composite[2] is similar to Specimen and has an LV2 sampler plugin (but no
>> LV2 sampler GUI).  It uses "drum kits" that are identical to Hydrogen's.
>>  It's not as nice as Specimen... but it is similar and LV2.
>
> Does composite support MIDI cc? Thats not a must-have really but would

Yes. Here's a link to the Composite Sampler LV2 MIDI
Implementation:

http://gabe.is-a-geek.org/composite/plugins/sampler/1/composite_midi.html

From withing `composite-gui` you can also set up a "MIDI
Map" to trigger specific events whenever some other MIDI
Event is received.

> certainly be nice. I'll have to try composite anyway but have you got
> plans to add a GUI as I think most people would see that as a

Yes, everything is planned to be gooey.

For now, you can edit things using `composite-gui` -- and
then later load them via LV2 and control a number of things
via MIDI (including Program Change).

-gabriel