Re: [LAU] recorded with Ardour+friends

From: Roberto Suarez Soto <talkingxouba@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 02 2010 - 18:38:38 EEST

El día Mon, 2 Aug 2010 11:01:40 -0400, Sean Corbett
<seanbutnotheard@email-addr-hidden> escribía:

> "Formations" is the highlight from a songwriting perspective, in my
> opinion (though we achieved some pretty huge drum sounds on
> "Redemption Song").

        What can I say? Wow! :-)

        I've only listened to "Formations" (listening to "Errors" now), and
I'm impressed. I specially like the intro, and the cleanliness of the
recording. Great, great job.

        I first thought that I should reply you in private, but I'm writing
to the list to encourage other people to listen to this. It was definitely
worth the effort for me.

> Recorded/mixed/mastered with Jack1, Ardour, SWH, CAPS, TAP, Invada,
> JConvolver, Jamin -- and probably others I'm forgetting -- on an Arch
> Linux box.

        There are a few tools here that I hadn't heard about: CAPS, Invada and
JConvolver. What are they? Care to post some URLs?

        Thanks,

--
    Roberto Suarez Soto           We come from the land of the ice and snow
                           From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow