Re: [LAU] It's time to release The Salamander Grand Piano

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 03 2010 - 13:39:25 EEST

On 05/14/2010 02:57 PM, alexander wrote:
> Well, here it is, it took a little longer than expected, mostly do to
> school work. As I reported earlier I ditched the giga format and went
> for sfz, you will need linuxsampler cvs to load the sfz file. I do not
> know of any other sampler for linux that can load sfz. The library also
> contains pedal action noise samples, these are also in the sfz file but
> linux sampler don't have the opcodes(on_hi/loCC#) to play them yet so I
> have not optimized the volume on these yet. They are located on the
> bottom of the sfz file.
>
> Enjoy! and feel free to mirror it where ever you like!
>

> http://freepats.zenvoid.org/Piano/SalamanderGrandPiano.tar.bz2

Better late than never, I've uploaded a CVS checkout of LinuxSampler to
my PPA: https://launchpad.net/~autostatic/+archive/ppa/+packages
So Ubuntu users can now enjoy this great sounding sample pack without
having to compile LinuxSampler from CVS. A little tutorial on how to set
it up:
http://wootangent.net/2010/05/the-salamander-grand-piano-and-linuxsampler-cvs/#more-517
Thanks for this great sample pack!

Best,