[LAU] Problem with sound on Rosegarden

From: Peter O'Doherty <mail@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 03 2010 - 14:35:50 EEST

Hi,
I'm running Rosegarden 10.02 on Ubuntu Lucid and am having problems with
audio output. I am not using external midi hardware so am reliant on
software synths.

The steps I've taken are:
Run qjackctl, run Qsynth (which has been loaded with Unison soundfonts).
In Rosegarden I've selected General Midi Device from the Playback
parameters and 1. Acoustic Grand Piano from the Instrument parameters.

When I load a midi file (created by Lilypond) it plays with no audio
although the level meters on the track do indicate it's getting some
kind of signal.

What am I missing? And, does Qsynth need to be running at all?

Many thanks,
Peter

--
->  Peter O'Doherty